Simply Fierce Fashion

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kris'Ta Collection Fashion Show



























So on last night I had the privilege of attending this great fashion show here in town. The designer is a hairstylist who has decided to try her hand at designing clothes and I' m soo glad she found her calling! If I told you that this lady had no formal training and is operating on pure blessings from God,you wouldn't believe me. The looks were current and fresh,the models were "real" sized and her talent goes beyond what one would expect.
She played with lots of colors and textures from leather to wool and shiny satins. Warm fall colors set the tone for the color palette using golds,reds, and browns as her focal. Her range went from office wear, to party dresses and also some formal looks. One of her standout pieces was a chocolate brown evening piece in a rich satin that had lots of volume and layers with quarter length sleeves and a stand up collar with a very sophisticated look in the front. But the back view was genius with an open back! GORG!
My favorite piece(I will be purchasing) was a satin almost knee length dress in a very easy breezy fabric with long balloon style sleeves in a floral print that spoke to me as SOON as I seen it. I think my heart may have skipped a beat.lol
Upon speaking with Kris'ta she advised me that she made the whole collection in one month!! Talk about not wasting time. The dress that the hostess wore was made in 30 minutes. So not only does her work go beyond what you think someone who isn't trained should be, she is also a very fast worker with a very humbling spirit.
All in all,it was a very well put together collection that I was honored to be able to attend. There was something for everyone from all ranges and body sizes. I can only pray that one of the local boutiques here picks up her line and she sails beyond the stars! God's hand is truly on her right now. Special shouts to the ladies of Seven Nashville for putting on a fabulous event! FIERCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment