Simply Fierce Fashion

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Little Tid Bits of Knowledge

Okay so today as I'm watching the Morning Show I learned more than I thought I would while having breakfast. There was a lady from Good Housekeeping on telling how to use everyday items resourcefully. One that I found particularly interesting was the idea of not throwing away empty wine bottles but reusing them to stuff your boots. As we all pack away out tall boots for the season,put the wine bottles in your boots to maintain the shape while stored away! Who knew right!
Another tip was,when you get those dreaded sweat stains in the armpits of your tee shirts. Simply crush two aspirin in about a half cup water and soak the actual armpit in mixture for a few hours,wash and the stain is gone! I haven't tried this one personally but that lady swore by it!
One more that grabbed my attention was one that we all can relate to. You know how you necklaces get tangled and get knots in them and you spend tedious hours picking at them trying to get it undone? Or better yet when you kid does the same thing with their shoestrings! ugh I know right... well our problems are solved with the help of...wait for it...CORNSTARCH! If you dissolve your necklace or shoestrings in the starch it actually loosens either of them up. Apparently the powder works to loosen the grip making it easier to undo.
These tips will come in handy for everyone at one point or another in life so make a mental notes of these tips dolls! Live Fiercly!! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment