Simply Fierce Fashion

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Grammy's Winners and Losers

Well,well people! If last night was anything,it was trumped full of big winners and losers! Shouts out to Beyonce for winning, count em, SIX Grammy's last night and The Black Eyed Peas for their three wins.You should know that The Grammy's are my favorite awards of the year because I really love music and this is a red carpet where you will literally see anything. Now with all the logistics out the way,lets get to the important stuff,who wore what! I'm gonna exclude Lady Gaga from my worst dress list because hey,she's Lady Gaga and if she showed up in some fabulous couture gown,I would question her sanity!lol

My Top Five:

Pink in Tony Ward Haute Couture
: This ladylike dress was a huge thumbs up from me.The normally tough round the way girl took a backseat last night. The layering of the material combined with the ombre effect of the different shades of gray was like nothing we have seen before and mirrored nothing else that night. WERK Pink!

Keri Hilson in Dolce and Gabbana: I am a big Keri Hilson fan but her look always comes off as cheap to me. From the hard curls in her hair to the outfits,it just always looks wrong to me. Well that all changed last night when the Cinderella of the evening shocked us looking more like an A-List actress than a down to earth chick from Atlanta. Kudos!

Beyonce in Stephane Rolland: I love Beyonce but I'm always nervous before she hits the red carpet in hopes that she doesnt look the same in gold sequins with lots of body gloss. I was relieved when she showed up and out in a very memorable gown that was both appropriate and fabulous. The cap sleeve was a change from the norm and the rich detailing throughout the dress and the body curving materials all worked super for Ms.Fierce. STANDING O Bey!

Usher in Dolce and Gabbana: I would be assuming if I said that his ex-wife was somewhere kicking herself when she seen Usher last night.lol I'm just saying I would have because,he was the picture of what a man should look like post-rebound and ready to win back out hearts after that mistake that was a marriage. Just kidding. Good work Usher,keep up the high fashion while pushing the envelope with hot combos and unexpected piping tracing the suit. Love loved the look!

Rihanna in Elie Saab:If you have kept up with my blog,you know Rihanna is one of my favorite fashion icons. Last night was no different. This was a look I think she could only pull off,anyone else would have gotten torn to shreds. Her confidence is one reason it worked. Paired with light colored makeup and minimal jewelry really put emphasis on the high neckline and high split in the dress. It was classy,fun and fashion forward all at the same time. I'm so not surprised at this one!

My Bottom Five:

Imogen Heap: Attention whore(enough said)
Ciara: Needs to be drug and shot!
Shaila Durcal: Do you know better??
Kristen Bell: This is not a backyard bar-b-que!
Katy Perry: Are you a Vegas showgirl or what honey?


Pink appears backstage at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards





Photo by: Galaxy/starmaxinc.com 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 1/31/10 Keri Hilson at the 52nd A





The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards - Arrivals





Usher arrives at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles





Grammy Awards 2010 - RED CARPET




Now the Losers......



The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards - Arrivals








Ciara arrives at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles







Shaila Durcal arrives at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards







Grammy Awards 2010 - RED CARPET








Grammy Awards 2010 - RED CARPET

No comments:

Post a Comment